View Single Post
Old Jun 20th, 2013, 04:37   #11
SteveV40

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt jack View Post
Hi Steve

Well in 2005 I bought a 1997 V70 CD auto with 53,000 miles on, and I had the car converted to run on LPG.

Over eight years later I still have the car. The mileage is now 293,000 and although it's not quite the car it once was, it's still here and it's still running!

I reckon to have saved something in the region of £15,000 in fuel costs over the time I've had the car.

There have only been two reasons why I've kept the same car for this length of time : Firstly, the LPG has been a storming cost-saving success, and secondly the car is so totally comfortable, reliable, practical and utterly brilliant.

Were I doing the same again I'd start with a V70 - the 'old' shape pre-2000 Classic if I could find one!

Cheers

Jack
Many thanks Jack. Would you mind if I ask what MPG or, even better, cost per mile you get in your V70?
I also suspect that my 14.1p per mile might improve a bit if I had a proper LPG service! Any idea on a good LPG service company near Mansfield (50 mile radius or more would be fine). Many thanks. Steve.
SteveV40 is offline   Reply With Quote