View Single Post
Old Apr 22nd, 2018, 16:08   #16
lynns hubby
Master Member

Coppa grease is not really a grease for lubrication. It is in fact an assembly compound. It has short term lubrication for assembly which is great for threads etc but not for long term lubrication of surfaces designed to work together under lubrication. The trouble with coppa grease is the lubrication dries out under certain conditions, heat being one of them. It just leaves a coppa film. The other issue being that it reacts with the rubber components as in your pin boots and makes them swell and go soft which then alows water, dirt, brake dust etc in which defeats the job of the boot.
That is why silicone greas is the prefered option as it DOES NOT attack the rubber bits.
Also when I mentioned earlier about cleaning out the holes the pins fit into with a twist drill, I obviously meant by rotating it with your fingers and not with any form of power tool.
It seems that people jumped on the band wagon when factors started selling copa grease as brake grease. The only thing I use it for is a small film behind the pad on any contact area to stop "Squeal"
lynns hubby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lynns hubby For This Useful Post: