View Single Post
Old Jun 26th, 2018, 09:42   #12
Bob Meadows
Premier Member

Alex & Co: ~ just done the same exercise on the driver’s side of my car,
For a little while now I have had this annoying knocking sound from under the car on certain road conditions- i.e. vibration.
Difficult to track down but as I had all the bushes in stock from a spares package purchased a couple of years back I decided to change them (full rear set done see other posts) vibration remained. Started the front drivers side yesterday and the glaring thing that jumped out had been two loose bolts on the rear wishbone bracket- inner two- no effort require to remove/turn these with the socket wrench, hope this is the cause but testing today.
The work is quite straight forward but as usual something always blocks the way! In my case the small front bush just would not give in and replacing was just as bad! The larger bush was fine and whilst this still looked spot on it was changed.
The rear nut hidden inside the bracket is difficult to access as previously mentioned- I didn’t want to remove the full exhaust down pipe but did remove the exhaust bracket from the bellhousing enabling better access with a ring spanner- restricted still but you can get the nut tight. The job had been further compounded because of the electricity going off from mid-day to 8pm (wanted to part drill the rubber out the small bush) The neighbours had to suffer a funny barbeque smell ( burnt rubber!) So I’m hoping that the two loose bolts had been the cause but worth checking if you have a similar situation, difficult to fathom how these have worked loose- follow the torque recommendations advised in the manual.
Hope it helps Bob
Bob Meadows is online now   Reply With Quote