Thread: XC90: - Most Unreliable Car
View Single Post
Old Sep 21st, 2020, 19:45   #44
biggbn
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvo always View Post
I like Lexus, but not the IS220 Diesel. Awful engine and gearbox, turbo lag and head gasket went at 187,000 miles. Got 18 months out of it.

I like the GS 450h and the RX400H.

They, like all cars have issues, like the air suspension, Y piece on exhaust rotting out around 12 years on the IS250. Sticking sliders on brakes. The nice thing though, like an older Volvo, aftermarket parts available.

The build quality is fabulous and even a 2006 IS220D has driver and passenger knee airbags, side, curtain and front. Traction Control and Vehicle stability Control.

Yes, I would buy another Lexus, probably a GS450h or RX400h.

I have a 2015 Toyota Auris Hybrid, Good car. It does make a noise only when accelerating hard while up to the Motorway speed limit, then back to normal. Now I don't even notice.

The AC has stopped working, had to wait 2 months as condenser on back order, but thankfully being replaced under Toyota warranty next week.

Would love a Toyota Corolla 2 litre hybrid, Estate in Denim Blue or Scarlet Flare! The 2 litre apparently less roar when revved and more diesel like in driveability.

James.
That gen IS definitely had diesel problems, know a few owners who had problems, and the older rx models can rot!! But I would have a ls600h from say, 2014 or so over any other luxury car.
biggbn is offline   Reply With Quote