Thread: XC90: - Most Unreliable Car
View Single Post
Old Sep 21st, 2020, 23:52   #47
Kev0607
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggbn View Post
Have you driven an ls600h? Engine and transmission are inauadible. Cvt seems to really suit that installation. Acquaintance owned an ls for 10 years. Needed a set of tyres, brake pads I think and one bulb.
I think the petrol IS models are good, but the diesel not so much.

I haven't driven an LS600H, but I've had a spin in two GS300's (A 2005 & a 2007). The newer GS300 CVT sounds like a roaring moped under acceleration, so I can only assume the LS is more refined in terms of insulation etc being the pinnacle of the Lexus range.

A chap who lives a few doors down from me had a Mercedes S600 with the limo body (I think that was a 2002 plate), but he swapped that for an LS460 (not a hybrid, 2008 plate if I recall correctly). He said he's lucky to get 12mpg out of the LS around town, but I suppose that's to be expected on a car that size (Just over 5 metres long) with a massive 4.6 litre petrol engine. Then again, he said the Merc was around the same & it was actually a bigger car.

The newer LS600 hybrid's (2013 onwards) are surprisingly economical considering they still have 5.0 litre petrol engines. That's where the hybrid aspect comes into action I suppose, but to get 25-26mpg** around town out of a car that has a 5.0 litre petrol engine & is around 5.2 metres long is decent (Newer models are longer than the older ones). **Quoted figures, probably much less than this in real world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonefishblues View Post
I suspect someone looking at a DB9 may not pay particular heed to the relative 'reliability' of a Toyota IQ - or the DB9's to be honest.

It's just a bit of data, compiled from their own readily available stats, for the express purpose of publicising the Warranty Company. I'm not sure why you're so exercised by it?
Maybe they should collate & publish the data properly. I'm not "exercised" by anything... I'm just stating my opinion that a Toyota IQ shouldn't be on the same list as a £100k sports car. Again, this is my opinion... Whether you agree or not is your choice & I'm not particularly bothered if you do or don't.

Last edited by Kev0607; Sep 22nd, 2020 at 00:12.
Kev0607 is offline   Reply With Quote