View Single Post
Old Aug 10th, 2010, 09:51   #49
Daleman
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teejay1 View Post
There is of course the fact that many sales people just don't know. Information on cars is sometimes not forwared from the manager to the sales floor and sometimes leaves a salesmen to "think on their feet" which often leads to wildly inaccurate assumptions.

I'm often surprised that many sales people seem to know very little about the car they are selling!
Yes you are right most of the salesmen are just that salesman with nice affable personalities that people will buy cars from. Product knowledge is often somewhat lacking even at top level. Unless you find a dealer that has good interested salesmen actually enthusiasts for the product who have a passion for it and know what they are talking about, very rare in my experience. Unfortunately everyone is really only interested in the money or bonus or targets as I think that most of commerce has been driven in this direction by the incentivisation of the work ethic

The dealer I had my original order with had salesmen who had come from the financial services industry and it was obvious he was virtually clueless about cars. He openly told me that at his job interview they said that if he could “sell a piece of paper” he would have no problem selling cars!
Daleman is offline   Reply With Quote