View Single Post
Old Oct 25th, 2015, 11:02   #53
Drgoodlove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc01 View Post
Not read the whole thread so unsure if this has been mentioned.
I leave my infotainment display on my car (my15 V40 D4 VEA) in the display it shows me if start stop is active, when I start the car from cold obviously it is not active once warm it becomes available, I keep an eye on this during my journey occasionally usually once every 2 tanks or roughly 800-1000 miles it will grey out and become unavailable this is how I assume my dpf is regenerating. During this time I ensure I do not stop the engine until it becomes available again.

Premium fuels, probably a waste of money, I notice in the manual it only states to use quality fuels without special additives. I have done many tests myself on fills and runs using both premium fuels and standard fuels and have noticed no difference in performance or economy. Yet I still put premium grade in, it costs me maybe £50-100 more a year to tank up with premium fuels, placebos make me feel better.
Marc,
I'm guilty the same as you but secretly we are lining the pockets of you know who! So I have stopped.
I checked my owners manual and it says similar too, "use quality fuel and no additives etc" difficult to achieve when it's already added and halfords sells numerous products saying they are safe for most models ???????
Drgoodlove is offline   Reply With Quote