Thread: General: - Polestar and Insurance Cover
View Single Post
Old Nov 28th, 2020, 11:59   #10
100K+
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thong View Post
I do wonder sometimes if the insurance brokers understand the nature of the upgrade and the fact it streamlined the performance rather than turning it into a roaring track monster.

TT
I think you are 100% correct on that. I also think they perceive "polestar" as the Volvo equivalent to AMG Mercs, or M BMW. A 7% power increase is not really anything to write home about- you might get a power increase by optimising the use of the "posh" expensive diesel, but I don't hear insurance companies bleating about that.......YET..

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingThunder View Post
Bob, I'd enquire if any other insurer's will take you on with that upgrade. Even if you lose this year's NCB it might still be a better deal for you.

As you're ...of mature years like me ... have you tried Saga Insurance? I'm in my mid 50s and found them the cheapest by quite a margin when I renewed last year - and they are open to some modifications. Usually a remap of upto 35bhp is acceptable - they don't seem to consider torque, which is what the Polestar is all about.

Good luck!
The annoying bit is Aviva were open to the optimization in July.... but not now...There philosophy appears to be if its not bog standard....block it... block it ... block it.
I have to give some credit to Aviva, as I have been with them 10 years or so ( recently with multi car -2004 V70 AWD R and 2015 V70 D5) and no one has got close (+/- £ 50) to their quote at renewal.( that my be due to the R) And I follow the Martin Lewis procedure of trawling the price comparison sites before renewal looking for the best offer.

My original post was more a heads up to members that come insurance renewal time Aviva may not offer renewed cover for cars optimized with polestar.

Cheers
Bob
100K+ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 100K+ For This Useful Post: