View Single Post
Old Jun 8th, 2018, 17:53   #3
albertsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird Scooby View Post
I think you may have unwittingly diagnosed the problem! It sounds very much like a bad earth on the fuel tank sender/pump unit. I'd make a guess it cuts out most when the gauge is over-optimistic?

Also when thre's no more than 1/4 tank, i'd suggest adding 2L of meths to the tank to remove any condensation you may have in there - the other symptoms concur with this as well.

Those are non-temperature related problems as th Lambda sensor doesn't function until it's warm. However something is causing the engine management light to come on under load, could well be the Lambda sensor or possibly the MAF. Have you also checked the air filter for cleanliness?

As for the steering rack, what exactly was the advisory?
Yes something to go on. I keep running it low on petrol, really never fill it up, yes possibly new sender unit/bad earth. Air filter is new, maf was replaced before I got it last year. Its the emissions light that is flickering on when going uphill. Im not sure about putting meths in the tank, but will fill it up, maybe some redex could go in???
albertsmith is offline   Reply With Quote