Thread: C30 General : - Service and general confusion
View Single Post
Old Aug 20th, 2018, 14:11   #7
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlDeNuit View Post
It's a 1.6 diesel DRIVe - sorry, should have specified that!

He didn't give me quotes for the work. He seemed a bit evasive about the whole thing and didn't really explain what he'd found.

volvopilot - thanks so much for clarifying for me. Any idea what sort of quote is reasonable for those two things? I'm not sure whether to go back to the garage that did the service or look elsewhere.

Also, what is the best way of buying tyres, and what tyres are recommended? I need two new front ones very soon.

Thanks again.
So , it is a 2011 model year with 91000 miles . You have to assume the servicing has not been carried out properly , The fact that you have a fault for the additive tank being low proves that , it should have been filled at the 37500 and 75000 mile major services , so that will need doing , it needed the counters resetting at the same time so only a volvo dealer or authorised workshop can do that .
The next major service is at 100,000 miles so I would get that done which includes the additive and reset ,fuel filter and air filter and pollen filter as well as the oil and filter change . .. the next service is a small one at 102500 miles.
I would get it done at the dealer so that they can check it over on their free health check, this should clarify what else is wrong with the car by someone who knows .also you get free software updates which I guess it has not had for a long time . .
£350 is far from cheap for the small service you had in fact the dealer price for the major service isn't too far from that , the dealer should have been able to beat that price for the previous small service !