View Single Post
Old Nov 2nd, 2016, 10:58   #12
ChristoT

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNGBiFuel View Post
My point entirely. If you're the sort that isn't going to watch over these issues, or even be aware of them, PCV, box etc etc, then definitely, definitely don't convert. Why would you?

These cars will do galactic miles. If maintained. My brother got rid of his at 420,000. Mine is at lunar levels too. But I watch it. You're lucky you got to 190.
Do what most do, leave it, drive it till it stops. If you can't be bothered with a functioning keyboard in front of you, to look it up, or want others as yoru research fellow, your car won't make the miles to see a break-even, let alone a profit, anyway.

Definitely, definitely don't convert.
I know about the PCV issue, and am planning to cleaning it out this month. I knew about the auto gearboxes requiring regular transmission fluid changes. I also know about the bevel gear issues on the AWD system (mainly because mine has the issue). But I hadn't heard about issues with the manual box, hence my question.

I do try and do as much of my own maintenance as possible, and I don't believe in not asking for advice when things get beyond me. I'd rather consult the expert, and conversely, share my knowledge if I can help!
ChristoT is offline   Reply With Quote