View Single Post
Old Apr 25th, 2020, 22:16   #249
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

A couple of little jobs finally done!

First, the wiper blades (only just over a year old as well! ) shredded themselves so i bought a new pair. Decided to go shorter as i did have 19" blades on and the tip on the passenger side skipped the last bit of the screen. Ordered a pair of 17" jobbies from fleabay (but a different brand to the last lot) which landed a couple of days ago.

Looking at the arms, they were a bit battered after 32 years so rubbed them down, primed, colour and finally clear coated them the same colour i'm dong the wheels which just happens to match the headlight wipers.

I know, i know, they're not Satin Black any more. Part of me says it's wrong then i look at them on the car and think i've done the right thing.
Give it a few months and i may change my mind but for now, they're a nice shade of mid-grey metallic.

In other news, some time back i bought the little LED bezel used on later 9xx models for the alarm LED from Mark (Griston64) and bought a 3mm red flashing 12V LED from fleabay.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Flashing-...V/283635323555

You can just see in the second shot the LED is on, it flashes about the same rate as an alarm LED so is a nice visible deterrent. Also will come in handy when i upgrade the existing alarm system, already got somewhere for the LED then.

Other than that and the rear wiper motor has decided to become intermittent (replacement on its way - thanks Mark!) so at some point in the near (ish) future, i'll have a day on the tailgate, sorting the blob of filler i the outside, the interior trim panel and several other things.

More to come soon, especially on the exhaust front.......................

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: