View Single Post
Old May 16th, 2021, 09:32   #9
Underdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcthompson View Post
I went with disks for a host of reasons, but in the end it came down to one thing: I prefer them. I like their look. I like never having to adjust them. But there are more advantages to swapping rear ends with an ES than just the brakes; the entire rear end assembly is stronger, the differential is compatible with a multitude of ratios, and a variety of limited slip systems are readily available. The change in rear wheel bolt patterns? Exchanging with the front brakes from an ES is trivially easy. I was only hoping to find someone who has made the same swap to give me some advice on the best way to activate the handbrake.
On the subject of the handbrake which seems to be your main concern, you not having to adjust them may appeal but you might find the handbrake(which is a drum) inferior to the original drum and in need of regular adjustment and occassional cleaning out. This is something I have found on my 145 with the same system. The lack of handbrake performance is inevitable due to the smaller diameter and only just adequate when working perfectly, just like most modern FWD cars with rear discs.
Underdrive is offline   Reply With Quote