Thread: V50 Braking
View Single Post
Old Sep 16th, 2018, 14:13   #1
Clint68

Default V50 Braking

Hi. Just replaced front pads with a brand called Apec. Chose these as I had previously fitted them just over 2 years ago and got an advisory for pads on last months M.O.T
Mysteriously I now have a wheel wobble on the front nearside, pads have been removed and they don’t seem to be bedding in very good although braking is perfect. The discs have very big lips on the edges and I wouldn’t be surprised if they are still the original discs on my 11 year old V50. I’m wondering now if the M.O.T should of advised on discs and not pads as the 2 year old pads were only half worn.

I am now thinking on changing the discs if anyone can advise on decent discs. I was thinking of going to my Volvo dealer but Volvo don’t make their own discs or pads and I would only be overcharged paying Volvo prices for a similar brand. I am also going to get a price on Apec discs as I have been impressed with the pads so far.

Any help or ideas of what could be causing the wobble or what brand of discs I could buy would be greatly appreciated.
Clint68 is offline   Reply With Quote