View Single Post
Old Jun 19th, 2018, 11:26   #3
S60RDesign

Check the windscreen for water leaks - the bonding between the glass and metal can fail, I think there's a sticky thread on it - from inside the car push against the top of the screen and if it moves out will need re-bonding.

If the car has keyless entry the door handles seem to be a weak point as water ingress stops the door from opening or locking keylessly, check all handles work correctly. The central locking should still work using the key fob though.

I don't think this is a common fault but mine has had an ongoing creak from the steering column when turning the wheel past 90 degrees in cooler conditions. It was eventually diagnosed as the steering wheel clock spring which was apparently replaced but the noise came back within months. It's just irritating more than anything else.

Again I don't think this is common at all but the bearing of my interior blower fan failed (2012 model with less than 50,000 miles on the clock) - this is a very expensive repair (quoted £1300 at a Volvo dealer) so check the ventilation system - mine made a noise similar to a loud diesel boat in operation - try all fan speeds.
S60RDesign is offline   Reply With Quote