View Single Post
Old Aug 10th, 2020, 07:53   #7
amadan

Quote:
Originally Posted by isleaiw View Post
That’s a great and very detailed response and good to hear from a real life user. I must say though 36 mpg for a weekend away makes Satan’s fuel look wonderful, I was getting similar (slightly less) from a 350hp V6 petrol Audi SQ5, and would reckon the latest S4 Avant will break 40 under similar usage (and be just as quick).

Hybrids are for a very specific type of user currently - most seem to be company car drivers more worried about BIK than the environment...

I have shelved plans for a V60 PE as much of my use is weekend trips with no chance to plug in whilst away (unless I use motorway services and make my 2.5 hour journey 3.5 hours long!) and a return to Satan’s fuel for a rapid refined economical estate does seem on the cards...
Well I had a Diesel X3 20d before the PE and I only got about that MPG out of that so I'm happy mpg wise as it's "no worse" but you're spot on from the point PHEVS are really only useful for a specific group of people.

I've not driven the S4, I've not driven any of the modern Audis as I don't really like audis (personally I'm not keen on the interior) but I suspect it's a far more exciting car.

Frankly although the PE is a great compromise for short distance commuting with a bit of poke for longer trips it's really not that much of a drivers car. Sure it's nice and refined and great for long trips but it's just a bit dull.

If I'd have known I wasn't likely to get back into the office this side of the next millennium and therefore not have to do a 30 mile round trip (with a free charger in the work car park ) monday-friday I'd have bought a 340i x-drive or 540i x-drive as the V60 isn't all that exciting a car and I hate the Sensus infotainment.

They are pretty though,

Last edited by amadan; Aug 10th, 2020 at 08:09.
amadan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to amadan For This Useful Post: