View Single Post
Old Oct 2nd, 2009, 09:47   #51
asneddon
Master Member

I didnt get mine through the bulk buy, but bought direct. They are the cow-horn ones for a P1800.

They look very good, but there were a few bits and peices that didnt go according to plan. The help/feedback/support from the company was very good though.

the problems I had include:
Rear bumper mounting brackets didnt line up. Had to do quite a bit of grinding.
Captive nut on rear bumpers had a couple of problems. First, different thread (metric) with no new bolts supplied (although these only cost 50p each). Also on one side the captive nut was offset from the drilled hole a small amount meaning you couldnt get the thread to engage. Very carefull grinding with a dremel to fix this.

With the front bumpers, the cutouts at the bottom of the up-turns for the cowhorns were in the wrong place. Had to hacksaw about 20mm off these to get them to fit. Also one side sat closer to the grill than the other, so had to use washers as spacers. I'm pretty sure this isnt my car being bent, as my old ones fit well, and I trial fitted some others and they sat correctly.

They are a lot lighter than the standard items, but thats not necessarily a bad thing. One of my front bumpers sort of turns up at the end, but its very hard to notice.

I would buy from them again, but just be prepared that they arent a 100% bolt on replacement. Saying that though, I was one of the first customers to buy the cow-horn bumpers, and they withdrew them from sale after my problems. I think they were looking for another set of bumpers to check their jigs.

They bent over backwards to see me right. Offering to pay to get them sorted out locally, money back, remake them if I sent my origonal bumpers, etc. In the end I didnt ask for any money back as I felt they tried their hardest to make me happy. If they had ****ed me off I would have handled it differently. To be honest I enjoyed working on the bumpers myself. Adds a bit of pride to see them on the car.

Thats assuming we are talking about Harrington Shine?
asneddon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to asneddon For This Useful Post: