View Single Post
Old Jul 12th, 2011, 17:37   #7
Red Snapper

Not sure if this is the same as my V70, but.....

I decided today to unplug both headlight wiper connections, at least for now anyway. I will keep the Link though should I want to change or clean out the headlight wiper motor in the future.

I am not really sure if I fancy taking the headlights out myself TBH. I might get them out, but not know how to put them back in properly. LOL

The Problem I have been getting on my Volvo V70 D5 (2004) is that the 15 amp fuse for my windscreen washer was continually blowing out and the headlight wipers have stopped working correctly. After reading many Volvo forurms they all pointed to the same problem of the headlight wiper motor, either dead, dying or needing a good clean out.

I had an excellent local mobile auto electrician come to have a look at this for me today along with doing another thing on my car, he managed to find where the actual connections were for my headlight wipers. He also replaced two bulbs for me all at the cost of £10 cash! ;-)) He's ACE.

This afternoon I managed to take both connections off (once I had turned the ignition on and off a few times, enough to get the headlight wiper blades pointing in the correct starting point).

I am hoping that although my headlight wipers won't work at all now, not that they are that necessary anyway, my windscreen washer will work again without blowing the Fuse all the time. fingers crosses, touch wood etc.

If anyone would like me to upload photos of the actual connectors for the headlight wipers, I will gladly take some and upload them for you. So you know exactly which ones they are. They are near the back of the lights under the bonnet either side of the Radiator.

Cheers

'You'll Never Walk Alone'
Red Snapper is offline   Reply With Quote