View Single Post
Old Oct 24th, 2015, 15:09   #193
Stevenfife

Exclamation

John wilky, I do not know if infact my dim was faulty in the first place, just had all the symptoms, sent to Lucas and returned, Lucas has not told me if he done any repairs to the dim or if any faults were present. I refitted the dim and same problem persisted, then I checked all modules/wiring/relays etc. Reseating everything, ie checked and reseated ECU and module under bonnet, then started CSR to see if came came on. Then reseat all relays in cem, turn ignition on again see if dim came on, etc, finally I removed drivers door panel and removed tweeter connection, two conditions on window module and reseated each one at a time trying ignition to see if dim worked each time, dim did not work until both window unit connection have been reseated, hey presto. Dim working, and since has not went off. Happy indeed. I wished I had just investigated it my self first before paying £65 to get dim repaired. I feel it was the window unit switches which were shorting that caused the cem to cut out and dim to stop working hope all that makes sense.
Stevenfife is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Stevenfife For This Useful Post: