View Single Post
Old May 2nd, 2019, 17:20   #5
iafenton1

Default 2002 V40 LPG bifuel issue

My V40 runs perfectly well on start up, will auto switch to LPG once warm enough but shortly after driving fine on lpg it will switch back to Unleaded despite having plenty of lpg in the tank. Pressing the button to turn off lpg and then switiching back to lpg usually gives a little judder as the change happens, the lpg indicator shows for a split second then off again back to unleaded.
If I turn the ignition off and back on whilst coatsing or stop the car turn ot off and start again, it will then switch to lpg either automatically or via using the switch.

My mechanic at the start of the month whilst doing my MOT said there is a cable dangling down from a damaged senor on my exhaust near the cat and Lambda sensor. Now he seemed to think this was some sort of temperature sensor for the LPG system.

Russki you mentioned having an issue with the first Lambda senor? Can you please tell me more info about Lambda senors, how many, their location and any other sensor that may be in that similar location. As it is frustrating that my car will not continuously run on lpg!

Many thanks for any info
iafenton1 is offline   Reply With Quote