View Single Post
Old Feb 13th, 2020, 09:23   #2
nickoso

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronlg00 View Post
I'm looking to upgrade to a newer model XC90, the new generation.

Been to a main dealer and seen something that I like around the £40k mark but the trade in offered for my car in part exchange seems a bit rubbish.

I've got a 2014 R-design in silver with FVSH. Previously bought as a Volvo management car at under a year old and owned by me since. Done 54k miles, with polestar, RSE, Volvo detachable towbar, sunroof.

Ok it needs a set of tyres and the service is due but their offer is £12k against the new car. Looking on Autotrader they seem to going for a bit more than that!

Any ideas on what a reasonable price may be and in fact, anyone who may be interested in it at a better price.
I looked at quite a few SE and R Design variants around the 2011-2013 age with a filter of max 50000 miles, within the last month. Traders were generally selling at around £14-16k for low mileage stuff in good-excellent sort of condition.
Obviously private sale without a trade warranty might reduce price a bit but you should certainly be able to add a fair bit to the trade in offer.
Good luck with selling yours.
nickoso is offline   Reply With Quote