View Single Post
Old Feb 5th, 2008, 13:21   #17
UnderPeak

Here’s my list of cars – quite a mixed bag!

May 1975 – 1963 Austin 1100 full of rust -given to me by my aunt to drive until the MOT ran out
Aug 1975 – Ford Anglia – my mum’s old car
Nov 1976 – 1960 Triumph Herald bought for £50 from a 92 year old who had had it from new and had done 16000 miles in it. He was a bit concerned that I was thinking of driving to Wales in it. He thought that I would be alright just going to the shops though!
19?? - Another Triumph Herald - I practised my basic car mechanics on this – as a student nurse I couldn’t afford garage fees!
19?? -Toyota Corolla Estate
19?? -Opel Manta
1985 -1985 Citroen 2CV – my first new car
1988 -1978 Triumph Dolomite
1994 -1994 Nissan Micra - from new
2008 -2000 Volvo V70 2.4T SE

Most unreliable
- Opel Manta - called the AA out I don’t know how many times. As I was District nursing at the time and relied on it for work it didn’t last long. (A friend sold it for me and a few months later I was contacted by the police to say that it had been used as a getaway car in a bank raid and was still registered in my name! – I had to make a statement to explain that I was not involved!! I was amused that such an unreliable car had been used – shame that it hadn’t broken down that day!)

Most fun – 2CV – I loved that car because it was so quirky, but without a proper heater it was not very good for doing my visits in winter.

Most comfortable – has got to be the Volvo. We always joked that my Micra didn’t even have a clock, so heated leather seats, CD player , self dimming mirror etc. – pure luxury.

My favourite has got to be the Volvo. I’ve only had it a month and after 13 years with the Micra it is taking a bit of getting used to the size and steering, but it wins hands down.
( However if I could afford a second car, it would have to be a 2CV !! I’ll run and hide now as I can imagine the comments I’ll get on this LOL.)
UnderPeak is offline   Reply With Quote