View Single Post
Old Jun 24th, 2019, 14:07   #3
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrjackyoung View Post
Bought my Volvo v50 back in July 2016 with 37000 miles first few months had no problems other than a leaky sun roof. After that the car would go into reduced power mode so we took it too our local garage who suggested that the dpf should be changed, so we had him change it but after a few days he informed me he could not remove the dpf so he used some industrial dpf cleaner instead and said it should do the job and also informed me he believes there is a problem with my turbo. We carried on using the car for a few more months with no more issues until the car again started driving horridly slow with NO TURBO I was advised by some people on the forum to take the car to a independent Volvo garage so I sourced one in my local area. I told him of the problems I am having & he said he would do his best to fix the problems. He rang me over the next few weeks with minor fixes that he would like to perform with my permission including a new fan belt. He changed the dpf along with a number of other things which cost £950 but the car still had no turbo! He believed the issue was with the cars ecu unit and said he could get me a new one with a estimate of £1000. I took the ecu to a testing center and they informed me that the ecu has no problems so now I have no idea what is causing my car to drive so slow. I later checked the turbo myself and found that the garage had shoved a load of paper inside of the air intake and the turbo had leaked oil into the air pipes but I still have no idea what todo with the car as I have no confidence with garages due to the bad experiences and I’m not mechanically Savvy that I can Diagnose the problem myself, as for now the car is at 43000 miles and it seems like it’s getting slower & slower the more we use it. The acceleration is especially horrible! I’m very open to suggestions as I’m having thoughts of just scraping the car the save myself the headache
I think you have bought someone else's problem , and you have been dealing with cowboys , just get it to a volvo dealer who knows what he is doing , it would have been cheaper in the long run .... Then you will be able to enjoy the car properly ..