View Single Post
Old Sep 22nd, 2018, 09:33   #31
classicswede
Trader Volvo in my veins

Quote:
Originally Posted by XC90Mk1 View Post
I have been in Range Rovers (several), omega, Passat and several other cars with LPG, the main issue is that I believe (not joking) that they would ALL have the EML on frequently which is now an MOT failure.

The rAnge rovers in particular had pretty much no boot left and you could not fold the seats due to the massive tanks in the boot with gauge and pipe work all in the cabin with the passengers which I really thought looked rubbish and I wouldn’t want.

Leaks and install problems/misfire.

The donut tanks seemed to fit the wheel well ok but offered app Awfull Range.

I have no axe to grind or motive here, all I can do it pass on my experience if leaks, poor running, constant management light. The OP is looking at fitting this to a modern vehicle and frankly I think that unless EVERY part of the installation is perfect there will be problems.

On a seperate not lpg offers poor lubrication and high running temperatures. I wonder how your valve seats look compared to a petrol and how much you would have saved if you paid for the install?

The the cars mentioned above are simple easy installs and non are fussy with the eml. The only Range Rovers that are fussy are all the new Jaguar engines ones and that is because the switch between engine maps. I developed a cure for the issue with another installer.

The Range Rover will take a 102 ltr tank in place of the spare wheel. Fitting a cylinder in the boot is just a bad choice unless load space is not needed but a very long range is. The omega and npassat also both take reasonable size spare wheel tanks or with a omega saloon a big tank over the axle gives a big tank with minimal boot loss.

Things like elk and leaks etc the installer is responsible to fix. Should not happen but it can.

Some engines that have soft valves and harsh valve closing need a valve oiled system fitting but otherwise LPG tends to extend engine life.
classicswede is online now   Reply With Quote