View Single Post
Old Jan 12th, 2018, 15:58   #25
tt82
Forum Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by phutyle View Post
That doesn't say that there are still software updates being done for 10 year old cars, only that most cars since 1999 are capable of receiving software updates. Two very different things.

Are Volvo's engineers really still spending time optimising the aircon system in my car? That kind of support just can't go in indefinitely, so there has to be some kind of cutoff for updates. Do Volvo issue release notes for their software updates?
I honestly couldn't answer those questions. What difference in the software there is, I don't know whether the dealer would be able to give you a run down, maybe VCUK could?

I have Adaptive Cruise Control with Collision Warning and Auto Brake, Lane Departure Warning, BLIS and Keyless Entry and Start. I would hope that those 4 are being updated regularly. Especially the latter considering the increased theft of keyless vehicles with relay boxes. So I want the Software downloads on my car. For the breakdown, I go to Europe once a year. Twice I have taken this car to Italy. If I broke down I want it taking straight to a Volvo Dealer as I have hotels/ferries/villas booked which will cost me money If I don't get there on time. Yes I'll pay more for the repairs but I won't lose a good chunk of my holiday hopefully, so again I want decent Breakdown cover.

As I state, if you value those services, the whole package represents good value for money. If you don't, the world is your oyster and you can service however you wish.

tt82 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tt82 For This Useful Post: