View Single Post
Old Jun 17th, 2018, 20:51   #14
Semnoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkl View Post
Hi and grazias for replys...

It started after couple attempts, no leaking at fuel lines,
but it blew valve cover gasket in front right corner and also injectors 3,4 and 5 are leaking....

Hmm, I'm gonna repeat the process w/t a new gasket and small sealant spots and new injector clamps, bolts and of course new cooper washers.

Hopefully it's gonna be ok, I 'm using torque spanner for 10Nm rocker cover and 13Nm injector clamps.
Shame to hear it didn't work out. I am a bit a confused though.

When you say front right corner, do you mean the corner where the swirl flap control arm sits? If so, there is a rubber grommet holding the swirl throttle axle in place that needs pushing down quite hard into the cylinder head.

Either way, there shouldn't be much air pressure inside the top cover. If anything, there should be suction of air. Maybe one of the intake valves isn't seating (as per previous suggestion) and combustion pressure is filling the top cover ? It must have taken a lot of pressure to flex that top cover. Was the gasket well seated in the top cover grooves? It should sit in place nicely and not fall out when you're fitting the top cover (no sealant needed).

I only replaced the copper injector washers when I did mine, but did thoroughly clean the injector seats in the cylinder head until they were shiny:

Last edited by Semnoz; Jun 17th, 2018 at 20:55.
Semnoz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Semnoz For This Useful Post: