View Single Post
Old Oct 25th, 2018, 23:35   #19
Ryan1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissSpentYouth View Post
Hi Parkl,

I do these swirl flaps all the time and you have to be really careful not to drop any carbon deposits down the inlet manifold when you take the old flaps out.

It is very tempting to clean all the carbon deposits off around were the flaps sit but in doing so it is very easy to let bits drop down the intake. I image this is what you have done ....

Anyway these bits land up getting squished onto the valve seats and in effect they prevent a good gas tight seal and you cant generate good enough compression to start the engine it just turns over and over.

You will need to charge up your battery overnight and also get another car to jump start along side and any other jump packs you can lay your hands on as you want to get a good cranking speed

Eventually you will start to get it firing on one cylinder and then it will start up shortly afterwards.

Don't burn out your starter in the process if it wont start after a few minutes then let the starter cool for a half hour before trying again.
would this apply to me i have a 2006 v70 d5 only had it a few days and noticed that the actuator rod for the swirl flaps was hanging off so i reconnected it and now it wont start after cranking the actuator makes a buzzing noise as if its stuck and also buzzing from down on passenger side still wont start if i disconnect the arm hope you can help as im stuck lol
Ryan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote