View Single Post
Old Feb 18th, 2019, 09:38   #1
gagashagy

Default Multiple electrical issues

Hello,

Copying this post to correct forum.

About a year ago I bought a V70 D5, 2002. Since then, multiple problems have surfaced and finally I'm looking out for help, so by listing all of them with short description, I am hoping that someone will be able to suggest - could it be single source? Or maybe group these in some way?
- Right side mirror - regulates itself until furthest it can go and sort of "clicks" over trying to continue. This happens also when engine is off.
- Instrument panel - sometimes does not work (wont light up with key turn). It remains completely dark, no gauges moving. After a while or on next startup - starts to work again, but this always results with two things - Air Bag error light comes on and stays on until removed by service and error 025 appears in info screen.
- Central lock - sometimes back doors don't lock. sometimes they don't unlock. Sometimes all the doors stay locked even though turn signal lights blink. Also if I locked all the doors from inside and then got out, - trying to lock the car with remote, leaves the drivers door unlocked. (at these times, I can hear the solanoids working)
- Tailgate lock - at first it worked fine. then it started to fail but only sometimes. now it only locks, but never unlocks. Changed solanoid - it does exactly the same - locks but does not unlock.
- Fuel tank lid - does not lock at all.
- Cruise control - when turned on, indicator "Cruise" appears on dash, but actual cruise cannot be turned on. pressing button "+" or "-" a bunch of times sometimes help. I've noticed that above 90km/h it works far more often, than on 55 km/h.
- Right front window - Auto lowering worked, but auto rising did not. Then one day, it just started to work both ways.
- Fuel level gauge - displays incorrect amount. When empty tank light comes on, there is nothing left at all.
- Driver seat - does not heat - this is most likely broken heater element but decided that it's still worth mentioning.

Could these issues be caused by some module failure? Maybe multiple?
At this point, I'm starting to think that maybe this car was retrieved from bottom of a lake or something.

In previous forum I was pointed towards DIM and REM. Could the cruise be related with DIM?

What about central lock including tailgate and fuel tank lid, - are those managed by single source (relay, module)?

Best regards,
gagashagy
gagashagy is offline   Reply With Quote