Thread: V70: Body - 2012 V70 Water Leaks
View Single Post
Old Jan 13th, 2020, 19:40   #17
Tatsfield
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacman849 View Post
Okay, so I have been back to Volvo UK Customer Care. They have admitted that Volvo have a known issue with windscreen bonding on vehicles of this production batch. Volvo UK Customer Care have also advised they will pay for the windscreen re-bonding, as they agree that is their fault.

However, here is the kicker. Although they will pay for the re-bonding, should the windscreen break when it is removed, they will *not* cover the breakage. This is also true of the Dealership, who have also said they will *not* cover the breakage.

My argument is that the *only* reason the windscreen is being removed in the first place is due to Volvo faulty workmanship, which they have owned up to. So the *only* people who should pay if *they* break it, is Volvo.

I have checked my own Motor Insurance Windscreen Cover, and they will not cover breakage by a third party if I have allowed them (Volvo) to remove the windscreen.

In short, *if* the windscreen is broken by a trained Volvo fitter effecting a repair to the windscreen bonding, then surely *I* should not be expected to pay out for their poor workmanship, especially as Volvo UK Customer Care has assured me their engineers are fully trained to undertake screen removal and re-bonding.

Where do you think I stand here?? Surely I should not be expected to pay?
Absolutely! Now sell it to Volvo.