View Single Post
Old May 25th, 2020, 18:16   #5
srtames

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboymike View Post
So, thanks to cat theft it looks like I'll be writing off my V40

I have an offer from the local scrappy and I'm currently considering selling anything easily removable / of reasonable value from the vehicle before getting them to collect it.

Being a Gdi I know the throttle bodies are worth around £100-150 so that'll be coming off; while the car has a decent full-leather interior so I suspect this might be worth a few quid too if someone's willing to come and remove it.

Gallingly it's just had a new battery and tank of fuel; which I'll be looking to drain as much as possible before it goes (and would welcome any tips as to how to do this - I'm guessing the filler has anti-syphon measures).

The car still drives and is low-ish mileage (about 85k) but I don't have the facility to remove any large parts like the engine and box.

Is there anything else that might be worth removing before it goes for scrap?

Alternatively I'd be open to selling the car whole if there's likely to be any interest (please note this isn't a sales post, only a request for advice at this stage) but I need to make back as much on it as possible as I'm skint and need to fund a replacement. Would anyone care to guess what the car might be worth whole?

As always any thoughts much appreciated
may have a buyer for the rear lights in Reading

regards , steve
srtames is offline   Reply With Quote