View Single Post
Old Jul 16th, 2018, 11:16   #20
christheancient
Aged Volvo Lover

Location: A place in mendip-land famous for its cheese - and its gorge
Default Withdrawn from Sale

After a few days of questions and answers (some by PM) and not quite achieving my asking price, I sat and thought a lot.

I was grateful for the posts here in the forum and by email; it showed that the car was ‘of interest’ to people and admired by many. It was rather reassuring!

There were a lot of mixed emotions in my mind, right from the beginning, about actually selling the car – even though it doesn’t get a lot of use. It is a lovely car that is there and having some occasional use by me – though not as a ‘necessity’. It is a car I do love and am proud of it. And it is there if I need it. I will just make sure that I use it a bit more. It deserves it.

Add to that, as it had recently been MoT’d, insured and taxed, many of the ‘overheads of ownership’ have been paid for quite a period of time ahead! To me, it is a ‘known quantity’; and though there are some very minor foibles, none are catastrophic!

Under the circumstances, I will withdraw the car from sale. But, I will not forget the interest shown by many and the admiring comments. They did actually mean a lot to me. Thank you to all who joined in the 'conversation'.

Chris

Our children don't inherit the world from us. We are borrowing it from them.
christheancient is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to christheancient For This Useful Post: