View Single Post
Old Mar 10th, 2020, 14:07   #11
lixah
Master Member

ok, time for an update on this.

so after sending those used arms back, and buying some proper new parts, i was a bit disappointed to find they had sent x2 Right only parts! and no left, so another week or so wait, while that got sorted.

This weekend I decided to just get this thing finished and out the way, so having all the parts that I needed I put it all back together, including the new tie rod ends that I had picked up, since i found a little play in those too.

I tried my best to measure with string and do the tracking, i think it's still out to be honest, but it's ok temporarily.

First thoughts having just driven round the block, it all seems ok, the steering still doesnt' feel as precise as i would like, but i think that's to be expected, and i didnt want to go over the top replacing all the steering bits that still have some life left in them.

on full lock it no longer feels like it pulls too far into the turn, and all acts normal, as you'd expect, there's no more grinding or dragging feeling, and when braking (have not tried while going very fast) but it seems to brake centrally with no obvious pulling

fitted 4 matching pirellis, re-blacked the trim, and give him a quick clean, and is booked in for an MOT tomorrow.

Last edited by lixah; Mar 10th, 2020 at 14:09.
lixah is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lixah For This Useful Post: