View Single Post
Old Mar 26th, 2020, 11:01   #2
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStag View Post
Hi,

Many apologies for the length of this!

I have a 2005 T5 C70 Convertible (115,000 miles) that is fantastic except for the occasional non-starting problem. This first occurred last summer, drove to supermarket and it wouldn’t restart (I put it down to the heat - car is in South west France) eventually it restarted.

A week later it wouldn’t start at all, so phoned the mobile mechanic and when he arrived...it started! He said it was more likely the relay so, I bought both the relay and fuel pump because I wanted both changed. He fitted the relay but couldn’t get to the fuel pump because of limited access and said that the fuel tank needs to be dropped to change the pump. However, in his opinion the fuel pump was OK because it either works or it doesn’t.

So yesterday, after 1000 miles - (same supermarket) the car wouldn’t re-start, turn engine over, it fires up then cuts out, waited 15minutes and all was well!!

Question - Fuel pump change and is dropping the tank the only way to fit the pump?

Thanks Steve
yes as there is no access hole in the floor of the car ... empty the tank first though it makes the job much easier !