View Single Post
Old Mar 27th, 2020, 09:00   #7
zchael6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird Scooby View Post
From everything i've just read, i'd agree with the CPS diagnosis. However i'd like to know if you were going uphill or down when it cut out and how much meths you put in the tank and how full the tank was when you did it?
Thanks for the reply. I was going uphill the first few times the stall happened. It was after cam belt change and transmission fluid change. It’s gotten worse since I changed the crank breather hoses and added 1.5lts of meths to my fuel tank which had half a tank of fuel in it.

I’ve seen where the cps is on photos online and I’m wondered whether I spilled some atf onto it when doing the fluid part change. I sucked a few litres out with a pump and put the same back in with a funnel through the tranny fluid dip stick tube.

When I did the crank breather hoses yesterday I uncoupled the heater hose coming off the heater valve and a good bit of coolant came out and probably went on the bell housing.

Just wondering whether these two instances of fluid splashing down towards the bell housing has cooked the sensor.

I’m going to see if I can visualise the cps where it enters the bell housing and maybe remove it, assess its condition.
zchael6 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zchael6 For This Useful Post: