View Single Post
Old Mar 27th, 2020, 10:14   #10
zchael6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird Scooby View Post
First of all, going uphill will send all the water/condensation to the back of the tank to exactly where the fuel pump is, hence you were potentially dragging water through.
Sadly the amount of meths you added to that amount of fuel will do nothing.

Nada, zilch, zip.

Half a tank is at least 30L, 1.5L of meths is about 5% concentration. The optimum for removal of condensation/water is 10% meths to petrol so at 1/4 tank by the gauge, there is 15-20L left. Adding 2L of meths gives you that 10% concentration.
Note these figures are for the older 7/9xx models with a 60L tank, i think later 940s had a larger tank so you may have to adjust the figures, assuming you can get hold of any meths. Toolstation refunded the portion of my order that represented the meths last night so it seems there's also a world shortage of meths as well as tolet rolls, washing up liquid, pasta, rice and so on.

Splashing ATF or coolant on the CPS won't cause these problems and removing it won't tell you anymore than you can already see. It's the cable that goes usually so you should be able to find and see that, if you've ordered a new one you'll find out why i'm saying don't remove it now. Wait until you fit the new one!
Ok well I’m relieved the meths probs isn’t doing anything bad. Yes i bought all the meths the village shop had an bunged it in, thinking it was better than nothing.

Also relieved to hear the splashing of fluid isn’t likely to do anything!

I have located the sensor, I’m quite tall so i can reach the bolt that attaches it to the bell housing quite easily. There is indeed a nick in the outer black rubber sheath near where it plugs in bellow the scuttle panel meaning i can see the two cables inside.

The car started this morning. I just repositioned it on the drive. It seems that it is a problem which takes over when the engine bay gets to a certain temp?

Have an aftermarket sensor coming tomorrow so will remove old one and install new one then. Thanks for the time to reply to my post!
zchael6 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to zchael6 For This Useful Post: