View Single Post
Old Feb 10th, 2016, 09:45   #14
ajsimmo

Thumbs down Yet another XC60 with leaky windscreen

After reading all the above posts, it quickly became apparent to me that the 2009/2010 XC60’s seemed to have an inherent problem with the windscreen bonding.

Obviously I have the same problem as all the posters above and only noticed it during heavy rain with water running down the inside of the windscreen.

Thinking back, inside the screen had been full of condensation on quite a few occasions prior to my discovery, but I had put it down to wet dogs and wet dog beds in the back.

After reading all these posts, I think I'll start checking the passenger side foot well on a regular basis.

I had a quick chat to a windscreen repairer (he was fixing another unrelated car windscreen) and he said I would be better off intentionally damaging my windscreen in order to get a free replacement through my insurance! A sad indictment on today’s society.

Anyway, I may just try some clear bathroom sealant before I fork out more money, (I paid £900 a few months ago for a replacement AirCon compressor!!).

Surely this is now becoming a recognised issue with these cars & Volvo should be taking action.
ajsimmo is offline   Reply With Quote