View Single Post
Old Nov 8th, 2017, 16:05   #22
SvenSomerset

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek UK View Post
"I can't call anyone during the day". Didn't know you were a vampire? Can't think of any other excuse.
My work situation doesn't allow me to be able to make calls, it's as simple as that! I can, however, just about sneak emails out (and post on here).

I do appreciate that keeping an eye on emails is difficult for small companies but why have an address if you aren't going to check them regularly? With people working extended hours and out of 'typical' environments (ie not in an 'as long as you get your work done then making the odd phone call is okay' situation) it's difficult to ring, or keep trying to get through, to businesses without raising the ire of your employers, let alone getting anything sorted on Saturdays.

We aren't exactly 'time poor, financially rich' but even without kids the two of us working full-time means that getting anything done on our Amazon is difficult. Ergo, if you reply to emails and are open Saturdays (or at least around) then you're more likely to get our business – I can't see that our situation is very different to many classic car owners with don't possess the necessary mechanical skills to work on vehicles themselves.

In terms of simply making a list of the suspension parts, that's simply beyond my ability. I've no idea of which bits I need, just that all the bushes should be replaced and that it's a wise idea to replace all of the bolts, etc, holding them in place at the same time. I've got a general idea of what car suspension does but no more, which is why this is proving difficult...

Happily, Infinity Exhausts answered my email so we're going over there early this Saturday to get a stainless back box fitted. Then, hopefully, we'll have time to pop in and see the guy at Bath Bodywork on our way back, to get a quote for paint touch-ups and wheel enameling – again, he's only there by chance on Saturday, normally it's just weekdays, 9-5, and he did answer his email!
SvenSomerset is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SvenSomerset For This Useful Post: