View Single Post
Old May 22nd, 2019, 13:58   #26
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mocambique-amazone View Post
IIRC the K-jet won't prime. The LH2.2 won't fore shure 100%.

long time ago I did work on the best 4-banger engine Volvo sold ever, the B230E.

Thank you Dave about the infos of the car, the owner should post this nevertheless.
This counts for every question at every problem anyone will have here.

"Car won't start, Please help. URGENT!! " I've seen this several times.......

have a good time, Kay
All the 740GLEs i've had (B230E K-Jet) have always primed, i remember this as on at least one the fuel gauge rarely if ever worked and i ran out a couple of times. Turning the key from ) to 2 several times waiting a couple of seconds on 2 before back to 0 soon got the fuel through.

Fairly sure the LH2.2 on my current 760 (B280E) did when i first got it, now doesn't.
Going to fit a non-return valve on the outlet of the in-tank pimp to hold the pressure in the line overnight, or at least hope it will. If that doesn't work, i'll add a primer circuit to run the pumps for a second or two when i unlock the car or similar.

Meanwhile i have to "flick" the starter with the key, the pumps then run for 1-2s and then turn the key to start/position 3 again and it fires - instantly.

Just lucky i remembered the info on the car i suppose, it's amazing how many different variants there are of each model, not just Volvo but Rover, Honda and i'm sure many others that all have different things on apparently similar models.

Then you find the same component is used across a variety of vehicles, for example the CPS also is used by some Bentley models, Kia and about 6 others that i can't think of at the moment.

Front ABS sensors are used on 1989-on Vauxhall/Opel Astra/Kadett, Cavalier/Vectra on the front and also on the back of all Rover 800s with ABS - different connector plugs but the plugs are the cheap, less technical bits!

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote