View Single Post
Old May 18th, 2019, 20:25   #1
Paddy94

Default S40 Radio and Bluetooth issues, any help appreciated.

Hey guys, having a bit of a headache with my S40's radio system.

I was heading to work this morning and when I put the radio on, it seemed to be cutting out, turning off, then back on. This was accompanied by a static-y sound from the speakers. It would go static-y, then turn off and on itself. Odd right?

It did this the whole trip over to work. After I parked up, I gave it a look over and noticed that the 'Phone' button light was off and would not turn back on when pressed. Nor would the controls for the phone work on the steering wheel. So now I've got a radio with a mind of it's own and no bluetooth for calls.

Anyone ever have the same issue or knows of anything to look for? I can't think of anything that's changed, so to speak in the last few days. The other functions of the unit work fine, the climate, etc.

I did have a dead boot switch that replaced earlier in the week, but I doubt there's a connection...(hopefully).

I have a video of the issue on my phone, which I can upload if anyone would like to take a guess at this issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcbR...ature=youtu.be Link to the video, as you can see, it's very intermittent. Fine for a few minutes, then not.

Last edited by Paddy94; May 18th, 2019 at 20:33.
Paddy94 is offline   Reply With Quote