View Single Post
Old Feb 20th, 2018, 15:06   #8
deeman940
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RailwayRev View Post
When you say better block, what do you mean. I thought all the 2.3l had the B230 engine?

Is the M90 box the one fitted to the V90's?

I agree with what you say about wind up windows, as someone who spent 15 years running a garage before moving on to pastures new, the less electronic guff to fail the better.

There used to be an expression going about that went "if it's got t**s or wheels it's going to be a problem" I would like to add "wires in it" to the statement.

It has sat in its current location for about two years, being MOT'd once year and then parked up. It was last in regular use three years ago but was laid up due to the fuel consumption issue. It did spend at least 5 years off the road between 2009 and 2014, hence the low mileage. But has been kept as a spare car (just in case!?!)

I hope to get it for under £400 and I am certain that my saloon would make this when I decide to move it on. However, I treated her to a valet and polish today and she looks so smart, I really fancy keeping her....
96/97 cars have an improved design with better oil squirters in the block and also the strongest conrods..only really relevant if you are going to tune it...
deeman940 is offline   Reply With Quote