View Single Post
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 13:29   #6
S60D5-185
Me ? Surely Not!

Location: 2007 Volvo XC90 D5 Geartronic. South of Hadrians Wall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlh View Post
Hi,

Real newbie - only bought my XC60 yesterday (D5 AWD SE Premium Lux). Have been rushing to read manual and look at posts on the forum.

I don't know if I have heated nozzles (have heated seats!). So not sure whether someone can help. It was -3 degrees and on the trip home the washer fluid was working, then stopped at the front first, then the back after 3 more squirts. I got no low fluid warning (is there an indicator?). I filled the reservoir this morning with 75% mix (didn't need much, so had plenty of fluid in it already). Sprayed the nozzles with de-icer.

It is -4 degrees here today - still not working - is it likely that the actual reservoir is frozen (i.e the garage may have not put in a strong mix).

Will try to read about fuses, etc - but anyone have good advice on how to check what may be wrong (ie. is the reservoir frozen, or is it electrical?)

Thank you so much.
I had exactly the same problem on my S60 yesterday. It was dangerous with restricted vision so i stopped and bought some concentrated screen wash and filled it to the brim with that. Been fine today and it's just as cold.

I reckon if you put a stronger mix in that will sort it for you.

Darryl

2007 Volvo XC90 D5 SE Geartronic
S60D5-185 is offline   Reply With Quote