View Single Post
Old Sep 11th, 2012, 00:28   #20
Pozzouk

What a saga hey! My apologies if i'm rambling - but the thing is driving me nuts.

Definitely no water in the auto fluid changed the fluid a couple of weeks back when the box went silly, just the same as it did today so not caused by fluid change but somehow i'm sure down to some decision or another by the ECU as the engine comes up to temperature ie; 3 O'clock - hence disconnect the temp sender the fan stays on engine stays extra cool car runs almost ok.......like no lumpy running although it is still obviously not quite happy to run with the TSU disengaged...........kinda runs about 85% ok

I guess the Autel MaxiDiag is misreading the P1618 as when i cleared it the box went back to running ok-ish and seems to remain so till i reconnect the TSU and once again the engine warms up and bingo hits 3 O'clock and the whole thing seems to have a heart attack!

As for the box it's a four speed and one of the strange things is, that since it has all got really bad the fault it always had >>>wanting to buck into drive while the foot-brake was applied seems to have stopped?<<<< a fault my local Volvo garage told me was not known to them and that when they serviced it they said it was all ok........i guess they would have had to drive it to find out.

Cheers for all your advice guys.
Pozzouk is offline   Reply With Quote