View Single Post
Old Mar 1st, 2018, 17:44   #89
Army
marches on his stomach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Kwas View Post
Army;

I am following this thread with interest...

I hate rust too, but science is science...so we have to admit, that when we harvest iron from the earth, part of refining it, and into turning it into that wonderful Swedish steel we know and love, is taking the oxygen out of it...and forever thereafter, oxygen will be looking to recombine with it...it's just mother nature being herself. A good friend of mine and physics teacher (also appreciator of vintage Volvos) said that if he had anything to do about it, he would allow oxygen to combine with iron only once...nice thought...!

BTW, I don't have a problem with you painting your Flywheel...just be certain that there is NO PAINT on the interface surface between it and the Crankshaft...paint in compression in-between precision critical surfaces like that is a no-no...but you knew that!

Cheers
Thanks Ron

I´m happy to report that I´ve been a good boy! I even masked up the contact surface for the clutch plate before spraying =>

The last thing I want is some sort of plasticy goo messing things up for the first few miles

#######

I appreciate your interest in the thread - the big plan is to try and get the car back together again by the end of March - so forum based interest is greatly received as it helps fuel things along
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1961 Volvo pv544 replacement flywheel2.JPG (261.1 KB, 87 views)
1992 Mercedes 190E The car that works!
Army is offline   Reply With Quote