View Single Post
Old Dec 18th, 2018, 14:59   #513
Army
marches on his stomach

Default As the temperature in the workshop rises...

...there's a chance I'll get some more Volvo things done!

(The last few days it has been far too close to freezing to enable the motivation needed to change into thermal overalls)

Today I had a quick look at that (silly) pesky vinyl trim that goes between the wings and the body.

Following the method seen on the old parts I'm snipping out excess material to help keep the vinyl flat as it goes round corners

I plan to glue the trim onto the back part of the wing where it is obvious where the trim is going to fit i.e. right on the edge - for the front part of the wing it is not so clear exactly where the trim will sit so I'm planning to leave that bit unglued so I can adjust it if need be

Just a few more snips needed and then I'll have to find the hollow punch set I think I've got somewhere along with a white / light coloured pen to mark the positions of the holes - I considered chalk (which I'm sure old school Volvo technicians used) but I imagine I'll be rubbing it off and punching holes in the wrong places if I'm not careful (know your limitations...)
1992 Mercedes 190E The car that works!
Army is offline   Reply With Quote