View Single Post
Old Nov 19th, 2020, 12:38   #2
john langrick
Master Member

Hi, just round the corner from you (thorpe bay) and in very much the same position. Mine is same year, same spec, (SE, D5, Geartronic, 170k), and perhaps even more parts replaced. Eg last year I needed a recon engine, turbo and associated mounts. Almost £2k all in all. Similar mileage too. Previous year, radiator AC pump and gearbox 'gibboned'! My hand break also works fine!

But this is par for the course if you are prepared to spend money on an older car and really does not really make the car worth more in the open market.

Mine has literally no issues, no codes stored, (i have Vida), and no 'dinks' on the body work. The seat covers are fine and all accessories work, the sunroof does not leak and the AWD works after new spline gear and transfer box. Even the RSE works fine with 5 sets of headphones although not been used for last couple of years. The satnav has the latest maps available but this still does not make it the best and latest technology!

Last MOT had no observations other than slightly cloudy headlamps and perhaps new front flexible break pipes at next service. I do have a slight creak on nearside front which could need new suspension parts but no clunks, knocks or wandering steering.

For me the market value is sub £1k, but the value to me is far more. I have had a 'cherished' plate for my cars for the last 20 years so only those who know xc90s really know how old she is! We all know that both petrol and diesel cars will start to be discontinued over next ten years and I know my next car will be at least hybrid if not fully electric, so I plan to try and hang on to it for the next year or so if all goes well.

Just my thoughts if it helps.

John l

Last edited by john langrick; Nov 19th, 2020 at 12:49.
john langrick is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to john langrick For This Useful Post: