Thread: Engine: 2.3 F/Inj B23E/B230F: - B23A to B230FT conversion
View Single Post
Old Feb 21st, 2019, 20:57   #52
classicswede
Trader Volvo in my veins

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240ratrod View Post
Wow how the weeks just thunder by!

So, the B230 engine is now broken apart...
- The head and the A-cam from the B23 are at a local machine shop for skimming/shimming.
- The exhaust manifold had a hair-line crack so that's at a local fabricator for welding.
- I have a full wiring loom from a late 240 so that's next to be transplanted into my 240.

I'm about to order all new gaskets and seals, etc.
Do I need new cylinder head bolts?
Water pump from B230 looks good.
Block mounted dizzy is being swapped from B23 to B230.

Re ECU's, my 940 has an immobilised Fuel ECU and a non-chippable EZK.
Plan A) Pull the immobiliser unit, antenna and tape the key together so it's disabled.
Plan B) Bung a new EPROM in the fuel ECU and reap the benefits and no immobiliser.

What benefits will I see and/or miss from only changing ECU chip and not EZK chip? I know I can either source a chippable EZK or look at adding the daughter board down the line but wondered what peoples experiences were?

I think I'll go with new Fuel ECU chip to do away with immobiliser faf and just keep the EZK as is for now. Thoughts?

As I have no car now this project will be moving forward with some hast one hopes! Lot's to do still but learning every day!

You can reuse the head bolts but if you want new for peace of mind I have them in stock https://www.classicswede.co.uk/B200_..._15922652.aspx

You can just run the fuel chip if keeping to moderate boost but longer term I would fit a daughterboard and run both chips
classicswede is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to classicswede For This Useful Post: