View Single Post
Old Apr 2nd, 2018, 09:06   #16
Quacker
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeZemBer View Post
Probably sold as "management car". Seen quite a bit on S90 when I was looking for one
I once bought what was promised to be an ex management car from an Audi dealer. I specifically asked whether it had been raced or rallied and was assured that it was a Milton Keynes management car. An Audi 90 Quattro in GTi red.

About a month after I bought it, one Sunday I bought a copy of the Sunday Telegraph or Observer, forget which, and there in a feature by Sue Baker or Barker was my car going round a circuit, virtually on two wheels with a big magnetic sign on its side saying ‘Audi Performance Driving School’.

Took the paper to the dealer owner, who had sold me the car, and showed him the article which he read with interest, until he came to the picture. I’ve never before seen the colour drain from any man so quickly unless having a heart attack. He was mortified.

The car was rubbish by the way. ‘Performance’ was breaking the discription act because it was a slug. It also tramlined terribly and was a most unpleasant car to drive despite the rather rare, for the late 1980’s, 4wd.