View Single Post
Old Jul 22nd, 2018, 09:47   #7
Sotosound
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BertTwildge View Post
Hi

1) I don't know if the speakers are more efficient, I don't drive with the OEM amp so I can't compare before & after. The OEM speakers were pretty naff to be honest.

2) I run an Audison and so I flatten the Volvo curve with the DSP. I've also used an SPL meter and then my ears to flatten the curve further. I want SQ, not heavy bass.

3) Very briefly during testing. The Audisons provided a lot more bass than OEM iirc. The Focal's sounded better but as I only ran like this for a few minutes I can't recall how much difference it made. I also sound deadened the doors at the same time as fitting the Focals so I couldn't attribute the changes to just the Focals.

4) I didn't run with just the Focals and no DSP for long so I couldn't say. The DSP & Focals made a big difference, and I would recommend this as an option.
Many thanks for this.

You achieved all of this whilst retaining the original head unit?

After so many years in the late 90s and early to mid-noughties where even the most basic V70s had good sound, it’s such a shame that it ended so royally.

I have no doubt that the Focals will sound better than the standard Volvo units so, for me, I’ll need to try to get some sensitivity figures for the Volvo units.
Sotosound is online now   Reply With Quote