View Single Post
Old Feb 17th, 2019, 15:56   #17
id5
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haldex View Post
Ofcourse. But incidentally, literally all automotive journalists of today seem to share my opinion about new Volvo interiors.. ...[/IMG]
The design is great apart from the centre console but it was rather the actual finish and the tech that I believe is poorer.

The plastic quality in certain locations does seems harder and thinner, lots of movement in the centre console on both the cars I tried, although the seat module cover has finally been improved after who knows how many decades of the same design so there is a plus. The tech on both that I tried kept on resetting and would only remember a few of the stored changes from the default setting. I can understand why they are mimicking the way a phone operates on the touch screen but it’s a pain to operate when on the move. It is also slow to load and laggy, even more so that the V40 we have and that you have to wait for before you can reverse out of the drive because the rear-view camera and cross traffic sensors seem to be the last thing to start working.

Edit: It is far better than some of the competition, especially the drive by iPad look in the Merc.
id5 is offline   Reply With Quote