Thread: Amazon: - My Amazon on a rolling road
View Single Post
Old Nov 28th, 2008, 11:12   #17
222s
Amazoniste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek UK View Post
Paul
Do you know what needles were/are in the carbs before they were modded? Wondering if the carbs came from a B18 so may have had ZH needles. B20 likes KD or DX.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek UK View Post
The KN is the standard needle for B20b but that would have had a C cam. The KD is gradually richer from tick over compared to the KN.
I *think* that I have a KN needle but that's based on what you've said above. Whatever is in them now is what's normal for a B20 based on either the factory manual and / or Burlen's data. I have had the richer (presumably KD) ones fitted in the past but didn't get on with them. They were fitted by a mechanic to try to get it running smoothly (this is back when I used to consider setting up carbs to be a black art). Not sure what needles were in them before the KDs though, as the carbs were carried over from the old & tired B18 that was replaced in '98.

Turned out what was actually needed was just balancing the carbs properly & sorting out a sticking choke, which I ended up learning how to sort out myself! Many thanks again to Wellshj of this parish for showing me how to balance & set-up the carbs. My car is now running pretty well (touch wood!), so if I do get it rolling roaded, I'd be looking to improve the fuel economy rather then performance, as most of you seem to be getting quite a bit more mpg than I do. This might however be just related to driving style etc.

Paul - 1967 Amazon 222S B20 o/d Estate & 1961 A-H Sprite Mk2 948cc

WANTED - For '67 Amazon estate - offside rear quarter, preferably new old stock.
222s is offline   Reply With Quote